Policies & Tuition
Studio Policies must be signed virtually via your parent portal account (existing students) or online web registration (new students) in order to access enrollment.
COVID-19 Acknowledgment and Disclosure
All dancers or parents (if dancer is under the age of 18) are required to sign and agree to our COVID waiver.
Release of Liability & Emergency Care
In consideration of the benefits of instruction provided by the Shirley McPhail School of Dance for myself/my child, I, intending to be legally bound, do hereby enroll myself/my child named above, in the program and do hereby waive claim and release finally Shirley McPhail School of Dance, Edwina Worley, its staff, instructors and other personnel for claim or liability for any injury or accident occurring or arising from the instructional program or incidental sponsored activities either on or off premises.
I authorize emergency first aid care to said student by the School in the event I/he/she becomes injured or ill during instructional program or incidental sponsored activities either on or off premises. If the parents and/or guardians of the child are not immediately available at the telephone numbers provided in the agreement, I further authorize the School, Edwina Worley or such agents as she may authorize to retain the services of a doctor or other competent medical person in order to treat the said minor.
Rules and Regulations
I acknowledge that said student and parents must comply with the SMSD Policies set by the Shirley McPhail School of Dance for the conduct of instructional programs and incidental activities either on or off the premises for the mutual benefit of all students concerned. These policies are found in the SMSD brochure. I understand and approve that violations of said SMSD policies may be the basis for termination of this Agreement. Participation in recitals, demonstrations, etc. will be based on attendance, attitude, ability and cooperation of the student. Decisions regarding participation in these events will be made by the staff.
Enrollment & Drop Policies
I understand that I am enrolling said student for a 9 month dance session: September through May. If enrolling for summer session: I understand that I am enrolling my student for the entire eight week June through August session (unless otherwise specified).
Notice of a drop must be given two weeks in advance to the studio office by writing an email or filling out a drop form in person (available in the studio office). A verbal drop to a teacher, friend, or office staff is not acceptable. Failure to notify will result in continued tuition payments.
Tuition is due for the entire month in which the drop occurs.
No student may drop and re-enroll without full repayment of registration fees.
Registration, tuition, recital, and costume fees are non-refundable.
May tuition is non-refundable if drop occurs, but may be applied towards a continued month of class.
I acknowledge and give permission to SMSD to film or photograph myself/my child for promotional/marketing or educational purposes. No names will be used.
Tuition & Fees
Within 1-7 business days after enrollment, registration fees, first month’s tuition + last month’s tuition are auto-charged. Thereafter, tuition payments are due monthly and will be auto-charged on the 10th of the month. If you wish to pay tuition via cash or check instead of your card being auto-charged you must submit payment prior to the 10th. Late payments are subject to a $15 late fee and will be auto-charged.
SMSD accepts enrollments online only via the parent portal. In order to enroll a student a credit card must be added to be kept on file.
By providing my credit card information, I authorize Shirley McPhail School of Dance to charge my credit card on the 10th of each month for payment of my child’s dance class tuition, should I fail to submit payment before that date. I also authorize Shirley McPhail School of Dance to charge my credit card on the due date for all registration fees, demonstration fees, recital fees, costume fees, and late fees should payment fail to be submitted voluntarily.
I understand that this authorization will remain in effect until I cancel it in writing, and I agree to notify Shirley McPhail School of Dance in writing of any changes in my account information or termination of this authorization at least 15 days prior to the next billing date. If the above noted payment dates fall on a weekend or holiday, I understand that the payments may be executed on the next business day. I certify that I am an authorized user of this credit card and will not dispute these scheduled transactions with my credit card company; so long as the transactions correspond to the terms indicated in this authorization form.
**ALL TUITION AND FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.**
If there are any questions or changes in reference to your account, log in to the parent portal link on our website www.smsdance.com and update your information, or call the SMSD office at 512-345-1284.
Tuition & Fees
|Hours per Week||Amount per Month|
*does not apply to virtual classes
2nd Student = 8% Discount 3rd Student = 12% Discount 4th Student = 15% Discount 5th Student = 50% Discount
- Registration Fee: Non-refundable. Due upon enrollment/ Auto-deducted within 1-7 business days of registration. $50 for 1st student, $15 for any additional siblings.
- May Tuition: Non-refundable. Due/auto-charged August 10th (due upon enrollment after August 10th)
- September Tuition: Due/auto-charged September 10th.
- October-April Tuition: Due/auto-charged on the 10th of the month (if the 10th falls on a weekend tuition will be charged next business day). If submitting cash or check instead of card being auto-charged payment must be turned into the office prior to the 10th. Late payments are subject to a $15 late fee and will be auto-charged.
- Costume Fee: (Not for Mommy & Me, Twinkle Tots or Adults) $70/class Due/auto-charged on November 10th.
- Recital Fee: $60/family. Due/auto-charged January 10th.
- Sparkle Boxes: $28/dancer enrolled in twinkle tots, combo I, II, and CJBT. These classes are required to purchase a box with their own props for the dance year since we are no longer sharing props.
- Barresafe wraps: $13.50/dancer enrolled in-studio BTJ II, ballet I, II, III, IV, and adv. ballet. These classes are required to purchase a wrap to use on the ballet barre since they are not permitted to touch the barre with their bare hands.
Punch Card Prices
* Punch cards are for adults only and expire 5 years after purchase.