Policies & Tuition
Studio Policies must be signed virtually via your parent portal account (existing students) or online web registration (new students) in order to access enrollment.
COVID-19 Acknowledgment and Disclosure
Prior to attending in-studio classes all dancers or parents (if dancer is under the age of 18) are required to sign and agree to our COVID waiver.
Rules and Regulations
Students and parents must comply with the SMSD policies. These policies are found in the SMSD brochure and the parent portal. Violations of SMSD policies may be the basis for termination. Participation in recitals, demonstrations, etc. will be based on attendance, attitude, ability and cooperation of the student. Decisions regarding participation in these events will be made by the staff.
Enrollment & Drop Policies
Student must enroll for the entire 9 month dance session: September through May. Student must enroll for the entire eight week summer session: June through August (unless otherwise specified).
Notice of a drop must be given two weeks in advance of next billing date to the studio office by writing an email or filling out a drop form in person (available in the studio office). A verbal drop to a teacher, friend, or office staff is not acceptable. Failure to notify will result in continued tuition payments.
Tuition is due for the entire month in which the drop occurs. No student may drop and re-enroll without full repayment of registration fees.
Registration, tuition, recital, and costume fees are non-refundable. May tuition is non-refundable if drop occurs, but may be applied towards a continued month of class.
Tuition & Fees
Within 1-7 business days after enrollment, registration fees, first month’s tuition + last month’s tuition are auto-charged. Thereafter, tuition payments are due monthly and will be auto-charged on the 10th of the month. If you wish to pay tuition via cash or check instead of your card being auto-charged you must submit payment prior to the 10th. Late payments are subject to a $15 late fee and will be auto-charged.
SMSD accepts enrollments online only via the parent portal. In order to enroll a student a credit card must be added to be kept on file.
By providing credit card information, you authorize Shirley McPhail School of Dance to charge your credit card on the 10th of each month for payment of dance class tuition, should you fail to submit payment before that date. You also authorize Shirley McPhail School of Dance to charge your credit card on the due date for all registration fees, demonstration fees, recital fees, costume fees, and late fees should payment fail to be submitted voluntarily. This authorization will remain in effect until you cancel it in writing. Shirley McPhail School of Dance must be notified in writing of any changes in account information or termination of classes at least 14 days prior to the next billing date. If the above noted payment dates fall on a weekend or holiday, payments may be executed on the next business day.
**ALL TUITION AND FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.**
Tuition & Fees
|Hours per Week||Amount per Month|
Drop-In (adult classes only): $20/class
2nd Student = 8% Discount 3rd Student = 12% Discount 4th Student = 15% Discount 5th Student = 50% Discount
- Registration Fee: Non-refundable. Due upon enrollment/ Auto-deducted within 1-7 business days of registration. $50 for 1st student, $15 for any additional students.
- May Tuition: Non-refundable. Due/auto-charged August 10th (due upon enrollment after August 10th).
- September Tuition: Due/auto-charged September 10th.
- October-April Tuition: Due/auto-charged on the 10th of the month (if the 10th falls on a weekend tuition will be charged next business day). If submitting cash or check instead of card being auto-charged payment must be turned into the office prior to the 10th. Late payments are subject to a $15 late fee and will be auto-charged.
- Costume Fee: (Not applicable to Twinkle Tots or Adult classes) $70/class. Due/auto-charged on November 10th.
- Recital Fee: $60/family. Due/auto-charged January 10th.
- Sparkle Boxes: $40/dancer enrolled in Twinkle Tots, Beg Combo, Combo I, and Combo II. These classes are required to purchase a box with their own props for the dance year since we are no longer sharing props.
- Barresafe wraps: $13.50/dancer enrolled in-studio CJBT, BTJ I, BTJ II, ballet I, II, III, IV, and Adv. Ballet. These classes are required to purchase a wrap to use on the ballet barre since they are not permitted to touch the barre with their bare hands.
Punch Card Prices (Adult Classes Only)
* Punch cards are for adults only and expire 5 years after purchase.